I remember on a weekend getaway to New York state with my then fiancee, now husband, we stopped at lavender farm. We could smell it before we could see it. If you've checked into the Liz Lounge, you know I love a good cuppa tea so I picked up a jar of lavender infused honey while I was there. I don't mean sprigs of lavender in the jar, I mean these bees worked hard to take care of their lavender farm and the honey they produced was out of this world!
I also picked up a bunch of dried lavender. I would later add a sprig to each one of our hand-made wedding invitations. I always have fond memories when I see the little purple buds. I never thought I would later share this beautiful flower in my daily work...
Lavender is a popular scent. It's versatile and blends well with other oils, such as frankincense and lemon. It can aid in relaxation and even help to keep a clean home. Here are some uses for lavender essential oil.
• Relaxation: add 1 – 2 drops to Jojoba oil and apply to temples and bottoms of feet before bed. For extra relaxation, add a few drops to Epsom salts and then add to a bath.
• Skin soothing: add 1-2 drops to Jojoba oil and apply to burns and scrapes.
• Calm surroundings: in your home, bring water to a boil, then remove from heat. Next add 1-2 drops to the water and diffuse for 15 minutes.
• Supple skin: add 1-2 drops of Jojoba oil and massage into your skin before bedtime.
• Odor eliminator: add 1-2 drops to a cotton ball and place in trash can.
As I write this, it's freezing outside and I can actually feel the warmth of this photo! It's only February but I'm ready for the scents and pops of color of spring. If you could use a dose of lavender too, maybe one of these beauties will lift your spirits.
Wife, boymom, and lifestyle consultant. I empower families to live their ideal lifestyle. I leaped from executive assistant to stay at home mom to running my own business. I love what I do and want to lead you to health and wealth.